Getting the Most Out Of Your Site
- How do you use my customer information? - BAC Web Design collects no data from you at the time of purchase. Your payment is processed through PayPal so the only thing we see is your email address. The only collection of information is if you ask our shopping cart program to "remember" your details to speed checkout at your next purchase. At no time do we make our email list or our customer data available to anyone. (back to top)
- How do I stop receiving your newsletter? - When completing a purchase at BAC Web Design, you are enrolled in our weekly newsletter. The reason for this is to keep you updated on product updates (for example, we might offer a free upgrade of a template you purchased to fix an installation bug). At the bottom of each newsletter is the link to unsubscribe from our mailings. You can also go to our newsletter page to unsubscribe. (back to top)
- Is my credit card information safe? - Yes. No data is collected by or housed at our site. Your credit card information resides with PayPal. The only information we receive is your email address when we receive notification of your payment. (back to top)
- How do I buy a product? - Simply click on the "Add to Cart" button next to the product you wish to buy. This will add your purchase to your shopping cart. When you are ready, simply click on "Checkout." At this point you will confirm your information and select "continue". You will then be brought to PayPal's site to enter your credit card information on their secure servers. Complete your purchase through their site and you will be brought back to our site. Your order confirmation page will include a link to download the products you ordered. (back to top)
- How are the products delivered? - Templates, logos, etc. are able to be downloaded from our site immediately after completing your purchase through PayPal. Delivery of design or development packages will vary by project.(back to top)
- I bought a new computer. How do I reinstall the product I purchased? - Simply email us your email address and order # and we will do our best to forward another copy of your purchases to you. (back to top)
- How do I download my purchases? - After completing your transaction through PayPal, you will be brought back to our site to an order confirmation page. This page will contain a link to download a ZIP file containing your product's install file. You will also receive an email with the link to download your product(s). (back to top)
- How do I install my product? - After downloading and opening the zip file, simply double click on the icon to begin the installation process. If you are installing a FrontPage template, MAKE SURE FRONTPAGE IS NOT OPEN WHILE YOU INSTALL YOUR TEMPLATE. (back to top)
- My product installed, but now I get an error message about a missing file. How can I correct this? - Some users of FrontPage 2000, who are attempting to install a template containing a web AND a page template receive an erroneous notice from FrontPage about a missing file. If this does happen to you, please contact us and we will forward a second copy to you that will work on your system. (back to top)
- I purchased a FrontPage template, but it looks nothing like the screenshots on BAC Web Design. What is wrong? - It sounds as if you are using just the theme of the web template and not the template itself. Create a new web and select WEB TEMPLATE from the FrontPage menu. Be sure to select the product you purchased at BAC Web Design. (back to top)
- What is the licensing agreement with the product I purchased? - Many of the products sold at BAC Web Design contain a license agreement. The basic understanding of the agreement is that you are purchasing a license to use the product for one application (web site) and that you will not resell or redistribute the product, unless it is in the form of a site for a single client. (back to top)
- Can I use the products sold here to build sites for a client? - Yes, you can use the products sold here to build one (1) site for a client. You cannot use the same template or intro to build additional sites. Additional sites would require a additional license of the product. This means you would need to buy another copy. (back to top)
- Can I sell your products on my site? - Yes! We offer an affiliate program that will allow you to earn money on sales generated through links on your site. Click here for more information. (back to top)
- Can I make more than one site for myself or a client using your products? - Simply put, no. The purchase of a product entitles you to one single license of the product. You can build a site for yourself or a client. You cannot buy one copy of the template and build multiple sites. Multiple sites require multiple licenses which means you would need to buy multiple copies of the product. If you have a question about this, please contact us directly for clarification. (back to top)
- What is a FrontPage template? - FrontPage Web Templates help you to create a new web. Using a Web Template will create a web with a certain navigational structure in place already, with several pre-designed pages. Using the Web Template will help you to get started; it is then up to you to add your content and add/delete/move pages. (back to top)
- What comes in a FrontPage template? - The FrontPage template packages come with a custom installer designed to install your template directly into the FrontPage template file system. You will also receive the template files, theme, graphics, sample pages, and support. See the product's "details" page for more included features. (back to top)
- What is the difference between a theme, a page template and a web template? - Microsoft Themes define the look of navigation buttons, page banners, fonts, font colors, styles, horizontal rules, bullets, and a few other features. By applying a theme to your web, all of these features will be changed. Microsoft Page Templates, on the other hand, specify a specific page layout. They may incorporate Theme elements (for example, navigation bars), but have a pre-defined page design. It is then up to you to add your own content and create a web site with more pages. Microsoft Web Templates help you to create a new web. Using a Web Template will create a web that has a certain navigational structure in place already, with several pre-designed pages. Using the Web Template will help you to get started; it is then up to you to add your content and add or delete pages. (back to top)
I am using a non-English version of Windows/FrontPage. Where are my themes/templates?
- Templates are by default installed into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 folder. If you use a non-English version of Microsoft Office and FrontPage, you may not have a "1033" folder. Look for the ID number that corresponds to your language on the Microsoft web site at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q221435. For example, French is 1036 and Spanish is 1034.
Close FrontPage, then open the 1033 folder. If your product came with a web template, click into the Webs folder. You should see a folder there with the template files for your product. Move this folder into your Microsoft Office\Templates\xxxx\Webs folder.
If your product came with a page template, do the same thing by clicking into the Pages folder and move it into your language's Pages folder.
Now, open FrontPage again and go to File > New > Page or Web. In the right column, select Web Site Templates (or Page Templates if you are going to use a page template). The template should now appear in your list of web templates.
- I added a new page to the web. Where are my navigation buttons? - You will need to add your new page to the navigation structure. Go to Navigation View, and drag your page from the folder list into the nav structure. Also, you may need to edit the nav/link bar properties to reflect the correct level of pages that you are trying to link to. You may also need to use "Recalculate Hyperlinks" from the Tools menu in FrontPage. (back to top)
- When looking at my web in the FrontPage Preview screen, the roll over effect on my buttons is missing. What is wrong? - If you are in Preview mode of FrontPage, this is normal. Preview mode does not show rollover effects. If you go to File/Preview In Browser and view your page in a normal browser, the rollover effects should work. Otherwise, go to Format/Theme and make sure that the "Active Graphics" box is checked. (back to top)
- How can I change the buttons or text on my navigation buttons? - The navigation/link bars are generated by Microsoft FrontPage. In 2000, the navigation bars are generated based on your navigation structure. Please view our tutorials on navigation bars. You may change the text on a button by changing the Page Title in navigation view. In 2002, you may create custom link bars. You may also choose the style of the buttons -- you may use the page's theme, or a different theme, or text styles. (back to top)
- My navigation buttons show up fine in FrontPage, but not on my web after I publish to my server. What is wrong? - This is an issue with your server. Contact your ISP and make sure that the latest FrontPage extensions are applied to your domain. (back to top)
What comes in a template package?
The FrontPage template packages come with a custom installer designed to install your template directly into the FrontPage template file system. You will also receive the template files, theme, graphics, sample pages, and support.
Can I add or remove pages in a template?
Yes, you can add or remove as many pages as you like. Most of our templates include a FrontPage "page template" or a blank page you can simply copy and then paste into your web's navigation view.
How do I use a template?
Simply unpack the zip file delivered to you via email, run the installer, open FrontPage and create a new web from the template you purchased. Now just replace our standard template text with yours, rename the pages and publish. You now have a professionally designed site in no time at all!
What's the difference between a template and a theme?
FrontPage Themes define the look of navigation buttons, page banners, fonts, font colors, styles, horizontal rules, bullets, and a few other features. By applying a theme to your web, all of these features will be changed. FrontPage Page Templates, on the other hand, specify a specific page layout. They may incorporate Theme elements (for example, navigation bars), but have a pre-defined page design. It is then up to you to add your own content and create a web site with more pages. FrontPage Web Templates help you to create a new web. Using a Web Template will create a web that has a certain navigational structure in place already, with several pre-designed pages. Using the Web Template will help you to get started; it is then up to you to add your content and add or delete pages.
Can I use a template for my business?
Yes, you can use FrontPage templates from BAC Web Design for your business site. You can even use our templates to create sites for web design clients. In the simplest terms, as long as you are not reselling your purchased template or offering it for free to others, you can pretty much use the template as you see fit. (back to top)
How do I change the "Your Company" logo to my company name?
The answer varies by template. The "dummy" company name is either a text or a graphic, depending on the template. If it is text, you can simply type in your site or company name. If the logo is a graphic, the template will include a blank version of the logo graphic. You can use any graphics program on your computer (Paint, Image Composer, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) to add your site or company name and save it to your web folder. If you need a custom logo, you can always contact us for a quote. (back to top)
Can I build a site for a customer and sell the site to them?
Yes, you can sell the template, as part of a site, to a customer. Many web designers use templates to keep costs down and speed their development time. We do not require a link back or any of our graphics to remain in place. (back to top)
Is a template removed from the store after I purchase it?
No, unless otherwise stated, all products remain in the catalog to allow other customers to purchase it.
Who owns the copyright after I buy the template?
You're simply buying a license to use the template. BAC Web Design retains copyright over the template design and layout. Any content or images added later are under your copyright.
Do I need to give copyright credit on my site?
No. As long as the template is used properly. However, copyright of the template design and layout does continue to be held by BAC Web Design.
Can I change colors of a template?
Templates are designed with a color scheme that coordinates with the graphics that are used. The colors of template elements such as background, navigation buttons and graphics are typically not easily modified by the customer. If you need a different color scheme, please contact us and we can discuss making the changes that you need. (back to top)
Are templates fully customizable?
Templates come with pre-designed layouts, images, and Theme components which are difficult for the average user to customize and modify. However, you may create more pages and add your own text and images in the content areas. Some templates do come with customizable pieces -- for example, some templates may come with Swish files for a Swish movie, customizable "blank" images for certain areas of the template, or allow you to change text within a Flash movie. Please see the individual product details to see what the products come with. (back to top)